Staff Nurse MedSurg 5 Dearth
- Birmingham, AL
- MedSurg 5 Dearth
- Full-time - Evening/Night shift - 7p-7a - Monday through Friday varying days. Every other Saturday and Sunday.
- Req #: 315535
• The Staff Nurse is a professional nurse who, with minimal supervision, assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for patients/families on assigned units.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Diploma, associate (ADN), bachelor (BSN) or masters (MSN) in nursing degree with at least one year of recent clinical nursing experience.
Licensures, Certifications, and/or Registries
- • Current RN license in the State of Alabama.
- • Current BLS certification.
The Dearth Tower is made up of three 15-bed pediatric med/surg units that are located on 5 Dearth, 6 Dearth, and 7 Dearth in the McWane building of Children’s of Alabama. Most Dearth Tower patients are admitted to the Pediatric Hospital Medicine (PHM) physicians. Common diagnoses seen on the Dearth Tower are asthma exacerbation, bronchiolitis/RSV, pneumonia, cellulitis/abscess, neonate with fever, dehydration, gastroenteritis, s/p tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy, and bilateral myringotomy tubes. The average length of stay for our patients is about 2 days.