Staff Nurse - Imaging Sedation - 3 days/wk
- Birmingham, AL
- Main Campus Children's of Alabama
- CT Scanner
- Full-time - Day shift - 8 am - 7 pm - M-F - 3 days/wk 28 hours
- Req #: 314259
The Staff Nurse is a professional nurse who, with minimal supervision, assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for patients/families on assigned units. This position will work 3 days per week, 12-hour shifts.
The Imaging Sedation Nurse will prepare, monitor, and recover patients requiring sedation for CT and MRI at the main Children's Hospital campus and to screen sedation patients by phone and assist in all areas of Imaging as needed.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Associate (ADN), bachelor (BSN) or masters (MSN) in nursing degree.
Experience A minimum of two years of clinical nursing experience, pediatric preferred and 1 or more years of critical care experience.
Licensure, Certifications, and/or Registries
Current RN license in the State of Alabama.
Current BLS certification
PALS certification preferred
Children's of Alabama is...
- the only free-standing pediatric hospital in Alabama
- ranked in US News and World Report's Best Children's Hospital edition
- a top employee in Alabama, with more than 5000 employees
- A world class cancer center, treating more than 90 percent of all cancer and blood disorders in Alabama
We offer salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefit package that includes:
- Multiple medical insurance options for YOUR needs, dental and vision insurance
- 401K with company match
- Paid time off and extended illness benefits
- on site Near and Dear Center for children up to age 6
- tuition reimbursement
- health savings, day care savings and lots of local discounts for our great employees!