Inventory Coordinator - Supply Chain - Children's of AL Featured Job
This job posting is no longer active.
- Birmingham, AL
- Central Distribution
- Full-time - Day shift - 7 am - 3:30 pm - M-F
- Patient Care Support
- Req #: 317303
Responsible for serving Central Distribution in regard to inventory management, product analysis, usage and recommendations
Communicates with Director of Inventory Management, Central Distribution Supervisor, Central Distribution Technicians, Purchasing, Receiving and Supply Chain Administration.
- Develops and maintains an inventory control system for all general supply items; establishes par levels and lead times; makes adjustments as necessary
- Coordinates supply ordering for the department through the use of Infor RQC and Auto-Replenishment. When applicable, works with the department buyer to mitigate supply disruptions due to back orders and arranges for approved substitute products to be ordered
- Works with the Value Analysis Coordinator and Purchasing team to identify possible substitute products and provides a backorder report to the Director each week
- Acts as Recall Captain for the supply area and reviews any supply area PSRs.
- Ensures orders are accurate and checked-in to reflect a real-time inventory
- Distributes supply to the assigned bins within Central Distribution after supplies are checked-in
- Ensures that all items are properly restocked daily
- Coordinates with Central Distribution Supervisors to perform routine Cycle Counts
- Assists Director of Inventory Management with QA monitoring indicators
- Conducts regular in-services as instructed by Director
- Maintains continuing education, taking classes, correspondence courses, seminars, etc., to maintain knowledge and be informed in current CS regulations
- Responsible for ensuring that all racks are kept cleaned and bins changed out, when needed.
- Ensures department policy and procedures are followed as they pertain to other department personnel in CD department
- Knows proper restocking and inventory procedures as they relate to Emergency Carts maintained by the Central Distribution department
- Responsible for maintaining Inventory related forms in ERP system.
- Answer phones and assists walk in customer needs
- Ensures aisles are clean and organized
- Participates in physical inventory
- Performs other related tasks as may be deemed necessary for the effective function of the Central Distribution Department
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Business OR 4 years inventory management experience in lieu of degree. Inventory management in healthcare preferred.
- Ability to use computer, dumbwaiter, Pneumatic Tube System and Pyxis Supply station computers needed
- Microsoft Excel and Office skills required
- Strong communication and customer service skills required
Additional InformationMain Campus Children's of Alabama