This job posting is no longer active.
- Birmingham, AL
- Histology and Pathology
- Full-time - Day shift - 40 - Monday-Friday
- Allied Health
- Req #: 315658
- Job Summary/Duties
- Responsible for preparing specimens for review and study by Pathologist.
- Process, cut, mount, and stain routine, surgical and anatomical specimens.
- Prepare frozen sections and perform special stains.
- Participate in performance improvement, establish and maintain quality standards for the section.
- Establish and maintain good communications within the section and with other sections of the laboratory and other departmental personnel.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Retrieves and stores specimens properly for long term storage.
- Assists in maintaining accreditation standards, to include all check sheets and quality control information sheets.
- Knowledgeable of all lab procedures and specimen submission requirements.
- Understand and use of proper safety practices.
- Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred. Registry with a national board of registry as a Histotechnician or Histotechnologist - ASCP or equivalent or registry eligible. One year experience preferred
- OR High school diploma or equivalent required. Registry with a national board of registry as a Histotechnician or Histotechnologist - ASCP or equivalent required. 2 years experience required.
Additional InformationMain Campus Children's of Alabama