Office Medical Assistant II - Peds - Pinson, AL
This job posting is no longer active.
- Pinson, AL
- Pediatrics East Deerfoot
- Full-time - Day shift - 8:00 am - 5:00 pm - Monday -Friday with rotating weekends
- Patient Care Support
- Req #: 315259
- Responsible for providing support to physician and nursing staff and receiving patients and their families
- Supervised By: Practice Manager
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform capillary/venipuncture.
- Call and accompany patient from waiting room to exam room. Triage patient obtaining brief history, reason for the visit and other procedures needed to prepare the patient for the physician’s exam
- Perform audiograms and visual exams as required
- Perform ear irrigation when needed
- Collect urine specimen from patients as needed
- Performs and results step test as needed
- Documents the results of all lab procedures performed
- Prepares and submits medical instruments for sterilization as needed
- Cleans and sanitizes exam room between patients and after every episode where body fluids have been lost
- Complete patient forms (immunization, school, work, daycare, sports, WIC, etc.) as required
- Report any supplies needed for her immediate position to the supervisor
- Maintain an orderly patient flow by helping direct the physician and coordinating the movement between the lab and x-ray
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Three years of experience as an office medical assistant required. (OMA II)
- Will consider individuals with 1-3 years of experience (OMA I)
- Will consider medical assistant, clinical assistant, Phlebotomy or patient care technician experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good communication skills. Practice computer systems and general office equipment.
Additional InformationPediatrics East Deerfoot Pinson