Billing Representative II - Healthcare Peds McAdory
This job posting is no longer active.
- Bessemer, AL
- Pediatrics West McAdory
- Full-time - Day shift - 8-5 - hours are patient driven - Mon - Fri and Sat rotation
- Req #: 315132
The Business Office Assistant II A is responsible for the timely follow-up of all outstanding claims with third party payers and patient responsibility. Responsible for researching, correcting, updating erroneous or missing account information, insurance, guarantor or other medical information, vouchers, purchase orders, vendor statements. Performs accurate billing and appropriate reconciliation of charges in a timely manner; provides reports, documentation, and ongoing statistics as needed. Ensures cash/insurance payment posting activities are accurate and completed in a timely manner.
- Checks encounter for accurate ICD and CPT codes before submitting to the insurance company. Add modifiers as required. File all claims in timely manner.
- Review aging report monthly working the outstanding claims to ensure payment.
- Contact insurance companies as needed.
- Process all patient payments and insurance payments ensuring payment is placed on correct account. Verify what is keyed in the system matches what was received.
- Handle all patient questions regarding their accounts.
- Assist physicians and staff with any coding questions as needed.
- Reviews and works claims on hold report monthly.
- Setting up newborns in the system and scan in their information to the medical record.
- Transmit insurance claims daily. Work and resubmit any claims that kick out.
- Ensure the Transmission log and Deposit Logs are kept up to date.
- Assists front desk if needed
- Performs other duties as required
Additional InformationPediatrics West McAdory