Coordinator - Community Development - Children's Foundation
- Birmingham, AL
- Main Campus Children's of Alabama
- Foundation and Development
- Full-time - Day shift - 8 am-4:30 pm - M-F and occasional weekends
- Non Clinical Professional
- Req #: 314743
The Community Development Coordinator will be responsible for initiating, developing and executing philanthropic partnerships and special events and programs to raise visibility of, interest in and funds for the mission of Children's of Alabama. The position of Community Development Coordinator will be responsible for managing multiple partnerships, tracking revenue success, working with stakeholders to plan events and campaigns to advance the Hospital's message and foster collaborations between non-profit partners, corporate entities, grateful patient families and the community-at-large.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a portfolio of special events, programs, and accounts benefiting Children’s of Alabama.
- Must be able to evaluate the potential for success of a fundraiser, market conditions which may affect the success of the fundraiser (i.e. community competition, theme of event, designated or targeted clientele, etc.) and overall gross and net revenue potential of fundraising initiatives
- Responsible for compiling and maintaining accurate and complete financial records for each fundraising initiative in a timely manner.
- Ability to meet face to face with potential fundraising partners, community volunteers, corporate partners and other constituency groups to guide them in the development and execution of the fundraising initiative in question and provide varying levels of support
- Act as a liaison with third-party partners to ensure their fundraising effort is in compliance with all guidelines set forth by Children’s of Alabama.
- Actively work to make contact with grateful patient families, organizations and not-for-profit and corporate marketing executives to explore ways for them to partner with Children’s of Alabama
- Responsible for increasing revenue by using effective fundraising strategies and best practices within assigned markets/accounts
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with all levels of business development and Must be a team player and possess a willingness to support staff through occasional night and weekend work
- All other duties relating to fundraising initiatives, execution and support which may not be listed specifically above
Bachelor's degree with a course of study in marketing, public relations, communications or a related field
1-3 years of relevant experience in fundraising, special event management, business development, sales and marketing, annual fund leadership, membership or alumni management experience. Marketing and brand development experience preferred.
Proven ability to manage and execute corporate partnerships and special events in a non-profit setting.
A solid understanding of the business value of philanthropy, including the advancement of nonprofit causes and missions, while also delivering strong value to corporate and special event partners.
Demonstrated success in corporate/business development and success with development solicitation
- Ability to develop and implement a strategy that cultivates and moves corporate partners into a progressive and successful cause marketing or special event partnership
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively with all levels of an organization
- Proven ability to control a project from inception to completion
- Excellent project management skills. Ability to oversee details of multiple projects with high level of accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
- Demonstrated success in managing and stewarding relationships with individuals responsible for the success of the fundraising efforts
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, search engines and internet research. Experience database programs such as Raiser’s Edge, desktop publishing experience or web design experience preferred.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communications, presentation and organizational skills.
Additional InformationMain Campus Children's of Alabama