Staff Nurse MedSurg 10 Harbert
- Birmingham, AL
- MedSurg 10 Harbert
- Full-time - Evening/Night shift - 7p-7a - Monday-Sunday variable
- Req #: 314553
• The Staff Nurse is a professional nurse who, with minimal supervision, assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for patients/families on assigned units.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Diploma, associate (ADN), bachelor (BSN) or masters (MSN) in nursing degree with at least one year of recent clinical nursing experience.
Licensures, Certifications, and/or Registries
- • Current RN license in the State of Alabama.
- • Current BLS certification.
Additional Information10 Harbert is a 24 bed medical-surgical unit with a focus on the following specialties: Neurology, Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Rehabilitation services. Eight beds are designated for the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit. We provide patient/family-focused, quality-driven nursing services for pediatric patients ranging from neonates to adolescents.
Our unit has a strong focus on patient and family education. This focus allows the nurses working on our unit the opportunity to grow personally and professionally. Our staff prides themselves on working as a team with our main goal being to provide not only quality patient care but excellent customer service as well.
The Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU) is an 8-bed mini-unit located on 10H. The EMU is designated Level 4 by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC). Level 4 is the highest level for units that specialize in the care of epilepsy patients including seizure evaluation through a treatment plan. The Epileptologist, Nurse Practitioners, and Technicians are highly trained specialists in the evaluation and treatment of epilepsy through GRID and stereoelectroencephalographical placement and surgery.