Office Medical Assistant/Lab - Chelsea/Inverness
This job posting is no longer active.
- Birmingham, AL
- Greenvale Peds Brook Highland
- Full-time - Day shift - 8:00am-5:00pm - Monday-Friday
- Patient Care Support
- Req #: 313107
Responsible for providing support to physician and nursing staff and receiving patients and their families
- Perform capillary/venipuncture.
- Call and accompany patient from waiting room to exam room. Triage patient obtaining brief history, reason for the visit and other procedures needed to prepare the patient for the physician’s exam
- Perform audiograms and visual exams as required
- Perform ear irrigation when needed
- Collect urine specimen from patients as needed
- Performs and results step test as needed
- Documents the results of all lab procedures performed
- Prepares and submits medical instruments for sterilization as needed
- Cleans and sanitizes exam room between patients and after every episode where body fluids have been lost
- Fill our forms (immunization, school, work, daycare, sports, WIC, etc.) as required
- Report any supplies needed for her immediate position to the supervisor
- Maintain an orderly patient flow by helping direct the physician and coordinating the movement between the lab and x-ray
- Perform and graph peak flows.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Three years experience as an office medical assistant required. Experience in the lab or phlebotomy experience a plus.
The mission of Children's of Alabama is to provide the finest pediatric health services to all children in an environment that fosters excellence in research and medical education. Children's of Alabama will be an advocate for all children and work to educate the public about issues affecting children's health and well-being.
The vision of Children's of Alabama is a better childhood for all children. We envision a childhood where all children have access to healthcare, live in safe neighborhoods, grow up in economically-stable families and attend functional schools within communities that value each child as a unique human being.
Children's of Alabama values Compassion, Commitment, Innovation, Trust and Teamwork.