Staff Nurse Intermediate Care Unit 10 Quarterback
- Birmingham, AL
- MedSurg 10 Quarterback
- Full-time - Evening/Night shift - 7p-7a - Monday-Sunday; 36 hours per week
- Req #: 317768
• The Staff Nurse is a professional nurse who, with minimal supervision, assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for patients/families on assigned units.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Licensures, Certifications, and/or Registries
- • Current RN license in the State of Alabama.
- • Current BLS certification.
Additional Information10 Quarterback is a 24-bed intermediate care unit specializing in the delivery of comprehensive pulmonary care to patients in both the acute and chronic phase of their illness. All 24 beds have capabilities to provide intensive monitoring for patients not requiring an intensive care unit. The ages of patients range from neonatal intensive overflow patients to young adults. The nurse to patient ratio is 1:2-4, depending on patient acuity.
Care is provided with a multidisciplinary team approach including families, medical staff, nursing staff, respiratory staff, pastors, nurse practitioners, occupational/physical therapists, child life specialists, nutritionists, pharmacists, and social workers.
The patient population most cared for on 10QB include: Trach &/or Chronic Technology- dependent (Ventilators, BiPAP, CPAP), Acute and chronic pulmonary diseases, infections, and viruses, Neuromuscular Disorders, Neonates with Congenital Anomalies and Cystic Fibrosis.