PNP Emergency Department
- Birmingham, AL
- Emergency Department
- Full-time - Evening shift - 11a-11p - Monday-Friday; Weekends Variable
- Req #: 317594
- The Nurse Practitioner is a registered professional nurse with advanced education, training, and experience related to a specified patient population. This individual works in collaboration with physicians, divisional directors of nursing, department directors of nursing, and staff nurses. Major areas of responsibility include:
- The provision of direct medical care to pediatric inpatients and outpatients both acutely and chronically ill.
- Participation in patient rounds and team conferences.
- Participation in staff development and education.
- Participation in parent education and discharge planning.
- MSN with subspecialty in Pediatric Nursing and completion of an Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Certificate Program.
- Must meet the qualifications for approval to practice as a nurse practitioner according to the Alabama Board of Nursing.
- 2 years of nursing experience and experience in the subspecialty area preferred.
- Previous demonstration of expert clinical, management, teaching, research, and consultation skills.
Licensure, Certifications, and/or Registries:
- Must be certified to practice as a nurse practitioner by the Alabama Board of Nursing
- Current RN Licensure in the State of Alabama.
- CPNP-AC or PNP through PNCB Certification.
- Current BLS/PALS certification
Additional InformationMain Campus Children's of Alabama