Specialty Floor Tech
- Birmingham, AL
- Environmental Services
- Full-time - Night shift - 40 - Moday through Friday alt. weekends
- Service Maintenance
- Req #: 316774
Position Summary: The Floor Technician is responsible for floor maintenance, restoration, and the operation of industrial floor care equipment in assigned location(s). Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Maintains knowledge of principles of hard-surface floor maintenance and use proper procedures on hard floor care including stripping and refinishing, burnishing, spray cleaning, and spray buffing
- Utilize automated equipment for cleaning of large area of floor surface
- Use the proper procedures on carpet and upholstering including shampooing, damp surface, extractions, spot cleaning, vacuuming, etc.
- Operate the industrial floor care equipment as assigned
- Perform maintenance and restorative processes for all floor surface types
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Previous experience as a floor care technician or in related role preferred
- Proven knowledge of floor care equipment and techniques required
- Must be able to follow safety procedures and precautions due to physical risks
- Requires frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of up to 50 lbs.
- Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of greater than 50 lbs
High School Diploma or GED preferred
No housekeeping experience is required; however, a year of experience in a similar facility is preferred. Application should show a steady and stable work history. Must be able to read, write, and comprehend English.
Additional InformationMain Campus Children's of Alabama